Monday, November 29, 2010

The Coolness of the Limited Edition

Now I know my previous post was all serious and dealing with the philosophy of Fable 3. But here's a little bit of fluff for you as well. When Fable 3 first released, it, like so many games before it also came out in a Limited Edition form. Now, I don't usually buy the limited edition of a game, unless I superbly enjoy the series, as of now I've only bought one other Limited Edition of a game. But, I digress, this game's Limited Edition is the second time I've actually been impressed with the design and implementation of the Limited Edition as well as the content. I'll include a picture below but first I want to describe how this thing looks. First off, it looks like an old leather-bound book that has been sitting on the shelf for a very long time. On the spine is the game title and the cover is the famous Fable Guild Seal. Inside this book you find the actual game itself along with additions such as a good/evil coin for when you need help making decisions and a deck of cards that have illustrations of all the characters within Fable 3. Though, I do have to say the only reason I bought the limited edition is because of the extra stuff they gave you with the game and its case, I would've been perfectly fine buying the regular edition if they had done something similar to the book style case for the limited edition. Now I'm just ranting, so before I become worse, I bid you all good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment